Translate

Monday 30 May 2005

Not a Happy Bunny

Eventually the happy couple had to part ways and return to their respective rooms. Lupin was walking on air when he ran into Professor Snape interrogating a worried looking Harry in the dark corridors of Hogwarts.

Casually Lupin looked at the map and dismissed it as a harmless piece of parchment designed to insult whoever tried to read it. He confiscated it and Harry from Snape and began to leave.

“My office, Harry. Now!” he ordered. Harry knew he was in for it now.

“Lupin,” Snape stopped him. “Why on earth are you smiling?”

He hadn’t realised it but Lupin had been grinning from ear to ear.

“Oh, I’m just happy I guess,” he tried to dismiss it.

“What on earth have you got to be happy about?” Snape sneered.
Lupin shoved his hands in his pockets and bit his lip to try to quash his grin. “Well I suppose there’s no reason you shouldn’t know. I am now engaged to be married. That’s why I’m the happiest man on earth.”

He knew full well that this would not sit well with Snape in the least.

“Married? You?” he stared at his fellow teacher in disbelief. “Who?” then he realised. “You and Mika…?”

Lupin just grinned. “You could be the first to congratulate me.”

Snape veritably fumed. Lupin imagined that he could see steam coming out of his ears. It was a very funny thought. “Over my dead body!” the potions master finally managed to growl.

Lupin shrugged. “Suit yourself.” With that he turned, still grinning, and went to his office to confront Harry.

No comments: